Saturday, December 6, 2008

Technology

For my fourth article, I read "The Savior is Counting on You" by Elder Christensen. It was directed to Aaronic priesthood holders, but I still found it very helpful and informative. He discussed 3 ways that the Lord is counting on us. They are: be a champion of those who need you, avoid the trash that surround you in the media, and be worthy to enter the temple and fill an honorable mission. The other articles were more specific on ways to use technology. I liked Elder Ballard's statement that "our biggest challenge is to choose wisely what we listen to and what we watch." The other articles were specific on how to provide technology with children. We should have computers in open places, inform children of the dangers of technology, and also of the positive things of technology. What I have read, will certainly help me as a future teacher and parent. I know now that I need to be aware of the technology dangers and inform the children of what they are so they can be aware. But, I can help them use technology for positive purposes. These were informative for me to be aware of what technology can do. I have learned, though, that there are so many great parts of technology that we shouldn't disregard it all together! With family and friends, I can help them know of the good websites and what we can gain from them. Technology can be a great help to many.

No comments: