Friday, December 12, 2008

Internet Safety-Watching

I feel like I learned a lot from watching these videos. I was informed even more of what is out there. These videos really made it real to me of what can happen to children if they are not careful. Friendships can be broken, running away, and scary situations can occur. I was made more afraid of the internet. If we are not careful, we can easily be taken advantage of. We have to not ever give out our personal information to anyone.
I could use these resources in my future home and classroom. I could prepare a lesson about the importance of internet safety and then show some of these videos to the children. This would inform them of what could happen if they are not careful. I will then let them know what I expect of them in regards to how and when they use the internet. It will be in an open space and they should always feel comfortalbe to tell me what they are looking at. I should also encourage them to tell me if they ever see something that is inappropriate on the internet, then they should tell me.

No comments: