Saturday, November 22, 2008

4th Week of Practicum

I didn't notice any new use of technology this week in my classroom. As always, the overhead was used for several lessons. It is used specifically for spelling, grammar, and writing. The kids really seem to enjoy this and it keeps their attention focused. There is also a daily use of computers at their time of centers. A small group uses a few computers together. They play learning games off of uen.org. They all really enjoy this. There is not much other use of technology in the classroom.
I used the same amount of technology as I did in the previous weeks. I used the overhead to teach spelling and grammar. And then I also used the computers with the children to explain the games to them. Technology lessons seem to really catch their attention. It is something they are not used to and enjoy.
I know that the school has a computer lab. I think it would be useful for the class to use this lab once a week to get more familiar with the computers. Computers can be so useful if only children knew everything they could do on them. I think they should go to the computer lab and have lessons on everything they can do on the computers.

No comments: