Saturday, November 8, 2008

2nd Week of Practicum

I saw a little more use of technology this week in the classroom. The teacher always uses a computer when she first comes in. She checks it for announcements concerning school activities. Every morning at centers, the students have a center for computers. There are a group of computers right outside the classroom. They go to a certain website and play learning games. These either involve numbers, writing, or spelling. An overhead is used a lot throughout the day. Almost for every lesson. The teacher teaches her lessons through explanations that she writes on the overhead for the whole class to see. I didn't see any negative aspects of technology used in the classroom.
I used the overhead in my teaching this week. I found this was a great way to teach my lessons. The whole class can see and they seem interested to see what I will write next. I felt it helped me to manage the class as well while teaching my lesson. I will continue to use the overhead in my lessons. I feel it is a great resource.
I thought this week that it would be a great idea to use my virtual tour that I created for my classroom. I think they would really enjoy it and find it interesting. I think it would be something unique that they never would have seen before. It would be a great way to grab the student's attention.

No comments: