Saturday, November 15, 2008

3rd Week of Practicum

This week I basically saw the same amount of use of technology in my classroom. My teacher uses an overhead every day for many lessons. This seems to really keep the kid's attention focused in one area. For math, she also used an audio CD for the kids to listen to. The CD explained the worksheets the students were to complete. This class really enjoyed this. Besides these few things, there really is not much technology used in my classroom.
I taught my technology lesson this week! I did a virtual tour on google earth. A few days earlier, my partner did a tour about the earth in general. She talked about islands, oceans, continents, and countries. Then I did a more specific tour on the 7 continents. So I used a laptop and a projector for my lesson and went through the tour with the children on google earth. I talked about each continent and showed them pictures that went along with each continent. The kids were so fascinated by this. They had never seemed to see the projector or laptop used before in the classroom. The lesson went really well and they enjoyed the tour on google earth. With other mini lessons I did throughout the week, I also used the overhead.
I feel that technology could be used a lot more with teaching math. I don't have a specific idea, but they could practice math priniciples by playing math games on the computer. They would enjoy this while also improving their math skills.

No comments: